Areas of expertise
The Waikato Radiocarbon Dating Laboratory is headed by scientists with active fieldwork and research interests. Their achievements over the last 35 years has resulted in the following areas of expertise:
- Development of the SHCal13 calibration curve
- Specialists in bone pretreatment and calibration
- Experts in marine shell dating
- Palaeoenvironmental research
- Dating the earliest archaeological evidence for colonisation of the Pacific
- Improving the radiocarbon dating technique.